Your home is one of your most valuable assets. When the time comes to sell, the way you present and market your property plays a big part in attracting potential buyers and gaining the best possible sale price.
Having professional photography taken is often the first step in the marketing process. Even if you don’t have the budget to renovate before selling, there are many things you can do to help present your home in the best possible way, ready for photography and you will also have it looking shipshape for your open home viewings.
Here are some tips….
- De-clutter the home
- Clean the windows
- Ensure all lights are working and are the same colour and type
- Hide electrical cords as best as possible
- Ensure all doors and windows can be opened and keys are available
- Mow lawns (at least 3 days prior), weed gardens, add fresh mulch if possible
- Clean shower screens, basins and mirrors
- Remove personal items, bottles and hanging items from shower and basin
- Remove mats, scales, waste and linen baskets
- Ensure toilet rolls are tidy and toilet seats are down
- Co-ordinate the colour of towels and fold neatly
- Remove unnecessary furniture and clutter
- Clear tables of remotes and magazines. Tidy bookshelves.
- Ensure curtains are hooked up and properly open
- Remove sheer curtains altogether if possible
- Add colour – for example flowers, cushions, throws
- Remove heaters, fans and dehumidifiers
Garden and street front
- Remove toys out of sight
- Remove pet related items and droppings
- Keep cars out of sight
- Remove laundry from washing lines
- Hide rubbish bins
- Water blast decks if necessary
- Trim trees to enhance the views
- Tidy kitchen and clear bench tops
- Remove dishes and drying racks from sinks
- Remove tea towels, mats and remove fridge magnets etc..
- Remove rubbish bins, pet bowls and litter trays
- Make beds and turn on lamps
- Clear items from bedside & dressing tables
- Remove clutter and clear area underneath beds
- Clean the pool. Remove pool cover
- Remove pool cleaner and cleaning equipment
- Remove pool toys etc.
Seek advice from your Real Estate professional as they may have some other suggestions specific to your property. Remember, your property will be photographed as presented, so neat and tidy presentation is essential to maximise the impact of your images. This holds true whether your potential buyer is viewing them on the internet or in a print magazine.
To view examples of how professional photography can enhance your property marketing, check out our services page or follow our facebook pages for our property for the week and other home inspiration ideas…